Wednesday, March 1, 2017

How I Stay Current

This week we talked about staying current with technology. Our assignments included familiarizing ourselves with social media platforms like Pinterest and Twitter because they are used avidly in the education field. 

Pinterest offers a lot of really cool ideas and especially for teachers. It provides ideas for fun and engaging assignments, classroom decorations, and just tips and advice in general for the classroom.

Twitter is useful in a different sense because if you were to set one up for your class, you have effectively created a platform where students can keep up with the things you post- like assignments and other upcoming events they should be aware of. Depending on who you follow, it can also keep you updated as the educator with things that are going on in the educational world. For example, what new technologies are being developed as well as other teachers and the things that they share. 

When asked the question, "How do you keep current with emerging trends in education, classroom tools, and technologies?" many ideas run through my head. 

In order to keep up with emerging trends in education, classroom tools and technology I would first collaborate with my fellow teachers. It is important to know what platforms and websites they use so that we can all be on the same page and potentially interacting with one another. Then, I would ask the students what they use or have used in other classrooms that seems to be new and that they enjoyed using. Then, I would use platforms that I already use and keep up to date on the things that they post about. For example, the accounts I follow on Twitter post a lot of things about emerging technology and classroom tips and tools and I feel as an educator, it is my responsibility to read those articles and see what the new and upcoming trends are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment