Wednesday, April 12, 2017

How Students Learn

This week I will be discussing how students learn.

  • How did you learn best as a student?

From my own experience, I learn best through hearing what is being taught. I have always responded well to verbal instruction and although lectures can get very boring, those are the settings in which I retain the most information. 
As a child, I liked the hear my instructions verbally and then be able to read them or have some sort of visual clue. This still holds true throughout my college education. Usually, while the professor talks I will follow along with notes or in the book. 


  • How do you think this will affect you as a teacher?

As an educator, I do not think this will effect me tremendously. I understand that students learn in a multitude of ways. My goal is to be able to tailor lesson plans accordingly and plan them to best suit my students' needs, not my own. 


  • Do you think humans need some type of reward as motivation or not?

I think that humans do need some type of reward as means for motivation. The reason why so many people are successful or strive to get good grades is for some type of reward, whether it is monetary compensation or recognition, motivation lies within the reward. How does the saying go- the end justifies the means? This is true for humans and will always have truth behind it. Our motivation derives from the ultimate outcome or reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment